Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today's Path:Imagination

Today there were several thunderstorms that came through our area. The genius (or insane daredevil) that I am, I went out to a pavilion at work to wait to see if any other geniuses showed up for my 4-year-old t-ball class. I was the only one, but that is beside the point.

While I was outside I was taking in what was going on around me. There was a breeze, and the lightning was lighting up the dark sky. While the thunder was breaking the silence.

I thought back to my younger days (which was not all that long ago). My brothers and I would think up things to explain the sound of thunder. Sometimes it would be that the angels were bowling or some baby was throwing a tantrum in heaven.

Then I thought to myself, "Where has my imagination gone?" How come it is after we know the reason for something we stop creating our reasons. We slowly lose our imagination. Or does it just hibernate for awhile?

After I realized that I was going to be the only one to be outside during the thunderstorm, I went inside to create an imaginary island. It started small but ended up enormous.

Why not have an imaginary things? Who said that imaginary friends were for children? When you see me ask about Joe-Bob.

Use your imagination this week. Exercise what is hibernating before you lose it.

0 Comments: