Sunday, March 16, 2008

Today's Path: "Get a Tattoo" - Check

Me and Angie

Disclaimer: Mom, if you are reading this, Angie made me do it!!!

Disclaimer #2: If anyone tells my parents, I kill you!!!

I am still working on crossing things off My 50 List.

Yesterday, we were out to lunch at Tortilla Joe's, in Downtown Disney. For some reason we started talking about tattoos. Well, one thing led to another and Angie remembered that was on my list.

We asked a few people working at the Tortilla Joe's were was the closest Tattoo Parlor. They all said that there was one close but not within walking distance. We went back to the hotel to look it up online. Yellowpages.com said Fanatic Tattoo was about 1.4 miles away.

To us that was still within walking distance, so we took off. I had an idea of what I wanted, but Angie wasn't 100% sure.

In my head, I was telling myself that if they were playing heavy metal music, I was going to leave, and the tattoo would have to wait.

We got to Fanatic. There was no heavy metal playing so I picked out mine. Angie had them draw one out for her.

I was up first. Paul was my tattoo artist.

Paul and Me

I was a little nervous, but I was going to do it. Angie told me the entire time she was going to hold my hand. She did. I don't know if she regrets it now because of how hard I squeezed.

Paul finished, and as I was paying, Angie said she was going to punk out. What a wimp!! Thank goodness she knows I can kick her butt. Let's just say she got one.

So for those who want to know what I got here you go:

It is Kanji for Happiness.
One way to look at it is I will always have happiness.


3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

fun times...fun times.

Anonymous said...

Wow, You'd be the last person I thought would get a tattoo. Good for you, it looks neat!

Lane J said...

Josh~
Yes, those were fun times.

Dan~
I have heard that a lot the past few days, but I am glad I did it.