Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today's Path: Tag, Can Someone Else Be It?

It's been a while since I last posted. So I thought I would fill everyone in on the craziness of the past few weeks.

I have finished up training for my job, and then I jumped in head first. I was in Cincinnati with one of my co-workers. After Cincinnati, I went solo in St. Louis. I had presentations everyday. I now appreciate my teachers and professors even more. High school students are crazy! Those who were interested in what I was saying paid attention. Those who weren't interested did everything else.

My luck with flying is now gone. When I was leaving Cincinnati, my flight was canceled after we boarded the plane due to mechanical issues. So I was off to get on another flight. Well everyone was trying to get to Chicago. Therefore, most of the flights were booked solid when it was my turn. I was on stand-by for one flight and booked on another. Because of this, I was booked on two flights out of Chicago to get to St. Louis.

I was able to get on my stand-by flight. So I was off to Chicago. Once in Chicago, I realized my original flight had not left. At this point I just want to get to St. Louis, so I am running through the airport to get to the gate. I get there, and there had been a delay. So I was able to get on the flight.

As I am having my boarding pass scanned, they say I have already boarded the flight, but they let me on anyway. I am in the air again.

When I get to St. Louis, as the luck of my day, my luggage wasn't there. The next flight I could have been on arrived 20 minutes later. So I wait. No luggage. I go and file my claim. However, they wanted to compile my itinerary. "What flight did you fly out of Cincinnati on?" By now I have no clue and am not sure what boarding passes I used. We finally get it figured out, and I am off.

So four o'clock rolls around, and I get a phone call. My luggage arrived. Yay!!! But they want to know what flight I came on from Chicago. This is the only flight I know. Flight 761. "Um, we don't have a record of you boarding that flight." Really??? Because I did and that is how I got here.

I go on with my business for the week. Yesterday, I flew back to Phoenix from St. Louis. By this time I am an expert on making it through the airport and checking in. I thought. I go up to the kiosk and it won't let me check in. Now I proceed to the ticket counter. "I tried to use the kiosk, but I must have written my code down wrong." The lady behind the counter puts in my info and can't find my flights. She does notice that I didn't fly into St. Louis from Chicago. ????? At this point, I am confused.

I explain to the nice lady my dilemma from the week before. However, they no longer have access to the records from 8 days prior. She gets on the phone and tries to get everything figured out. Since they didn't believe me that I flew in on Flight 761, they locked my tickets, and I couldn't get out of St. Louis. After the nice lady speaking with what seemed to be 9 people, my tickets were opened, and I could proceed to security.

Woo Hoo!!!

I get to security. I have been tagged! Eff!!! I now have to go through extra security. I can only deduce it is because I was scheduled on 6 flights in one day the week before. But really? I don't think I fit the terrorist profile.

I am now back in Phoenix. The Valley of the Sun. I love my warm days!!

1 Comment:

The Ferber Family said...

GOOD LORD WOMAN! Gotta LOVE those airlines!