Thursday, July 5, 2007

Today's Path: Age

Each day we grow a little older and a little wiser. A few weeks ago, my cousin, her boyfriend and I went out for dinner, at Applebee's, to celebrate her birthday.

As the college students we are, we tried to get free desserts. We talked about how we were celebrating our 20th and 2 month birthday. It took some time but the waiter finally gave in, and brought us two birthday sundaes.

But what caught me was the we do celebrate a birthday everyday. Each day we growth older. We also grow a little wiser. At my first job there was an older man who always told me, "The day you do not learn something is the worst day of your life."

At the end of the day, I think back at what I have learned. Even on the hardest days, I always find one at least one thing that I have learned. But the one thing that I always remember is what my grandfather told me.

My grandfather always tells me:

"You have to grow old, but you never have to grow up."

Each birthday that some one close to me celebrates, I remind them of this. With this it reminds us that age is just a number and it means nothing unless you grow up with it.

0 Comments: