Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Today's Path: Fear

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

-Franklin Delino Roosevelt

Why is it that we fear unacceptance? Maybe it is just me, but for some reason I highly doubt it. The past few days this has really bothered me. I want to be liked and have many friends, but there is something itching inside of me saying, "Try and be funny. Strike up a conversation with somone." And I have listened to the voice. However, during those conversations I start, I wonder if they are thinking in the back of their mind if I will ever leave them alone. Then, of course, there is the akward silence, and we both walk away.

How can you fix that fear of not being accepted? Is there a way or is it just human nature?

I try hard to avoid akward silence situations, but every now and then I run into them and have to fight through. It has never killed me or caused severe heart palpitations nor will it.

Fear is good. Fear keeps us going. But we need to do things we are fearful of, or we wil never grow. Without growth we will never acheive our potential.

Fight the fight of fear with strength. For strength look to friends, family and faith. Without the three we are nothing.

0 Comments: