Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today's Path: The Window to the Soul

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

-16Th Century Proverb
I am reading the book The Four-Hour Work Week. It is really good. At the end of the fourth chapter, author, Timothy Ferriss, challenges his readers to eye gaze.
One of the most challenging things to do is to look into the eyes of others, especially the eyes of bigger more confident people than yourself. As with any challenge, I grab it with both hands. Each day for the past five days, I have made an effort to look directly into the eyes of at least one person who was talking to me.
I found it easier to do each day. I always thought that people would ask me what I was doing because hardly anyone looks into another's eyes. In each conversation, I found that it did not take long for the other person to look away. It is uncomfortable to look into the eyes of others.
But for the next few days try to look into the eyes of those around you. You will learn a lot.

0 Comments: