Monday, July 2, 2007

Today’s Path – Goals

“Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.” –Les Brown

When I was in elementary school, I remember one of my friends said this quote when we were working on a project. We were talking about things we wanted to do when we grow up (Of course most of mine, if not all, have changed since then, and at 20, I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up).

Even though, my goals in life have change, sometimes daily, I have always remembered this. The moon is a huge target, 3476 kilometers in diameter to be exact. My chances of hitting the moon are enormous in comparison to one star of in the distance.

The second greatest part of this quote is that “you will still be among the stars.” So what if I miss my target. Maybe my aim was a little off. I will be a star. Many people dream of becoming famous, yet few become famous actors and actresses. However, they become famous to those around them. They will always be remembered.

Take a chance, shoot for the moon. You may miss. Look at the night sky, many others have, too. You’re not alone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lane~

We are all stars indeed...we just need to remember to keep shining, even when the sky is a little dark or cloudy.

Keep up the great blog posts!

Kam

Lane J said...

Thanks, Kammie.

I was coming home tonight from work, and it was cloudy and lightning, but there were stars shining through. I thought about everyone who helped me shine during my times of darkness.

Lane