Sunday, July 1, 2007

Today’s Path – Smile

A few days ago, I read that if you smile five times a day with no reason, you will be happier. I thought everyone could use a little more happiness in their lives so I tried it.

With no reason at all, I started smiling. I might be sitting at my computer at work or driving down the highway, and I would just smile. I started to feel myself a little happier at the end of each day. I don’t know if I smiled five times or if it was more or less, but I did feel better.

My friend and co-worker, Jeanine, would walk by my office door and see me sitting there by myself smiling and ask what was so funny. Since there was nothing funny I told her I was just smiling. It was hard for her and other of my co-workers to believe that I was smiling for no good reason.

I spread the word through the office about smiling for no reason at all. So far I can tell that those who have tried it seem to be happier as well.

The old line that smiling and laughing are the best medicine must be true.

0 Comments: