Friday, June 29, 2007

Today’s Path – Karma: Give a little to get a little

Over the weekend, I had the privilege of attending the Alliance for a Media Literate America conference. About 250 professionals from the media field were in attendance. Everyone I met was very friendly. As I was volunteering at the registration table, one of the many people I met was Mark Tomizawa, President of SMASH Advertising.

Here is where the Karma starts come into play.

I have never really believed in Karma, but I do believe that good things happen to good people, most of the time. When I was speaking with Mr. Tomizawa, he asked where he could find a necklace similar to the one I was wearing. I knew I had bought it in Texas but I couldn’t remember where. So I took my necklace off and gave it to Tomizawa for his daughter.

On Saturday, after I met Mr. Tomizawa, I went to the Cardinal’s game. (We won, by the way.) At the game they were selling scratch-off tickets to benefit Cardinal Care. We bought 25 scratch-off tickets. Out of the 25 tickets we won 14 tickets to Cardinal games.

Then on Monday, we had a silent auction to raise money for our YMCA. My friend Shannon and I place a bid on a 10 day trip to Florida. And guess what, WE WON.

Thinking back on the weekend, after meeting Mr. Tomizawa I started feeling happier even before I became lucky. If you do something just out of the goodness of your heart you feel much better.

0 Comments: