Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today's Path: Life's Book

The other day I was talking with one of my professor about different things, and she said she wanted to write several books in her lifetime. (She is on her way. She has contributed a chapter to a book already.)
Then tonight, I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Grey's Anatomy. There was a quote about writing our own history everyday.
I have been struggling lately with the future and not wanting to royally screw up. I realized I was spending too much time preparing to write my history than I was writing it.

If we go through life and never write a book or an article or anything that gets published, we have still succeeded in writing. We have written our own book about ourselves. If we are too scared to take a step off into the unknown, is anyone going to want to read our book? Take a step in a new direction who knows what could happen, at least you will learn something.

Good ideas do not come when you stress over needing an idea; they come when you just relax and let them come to you.
So over the course of you life, remember the best book you ever will write is the one you work on everyday.

0 Comments: