Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Today's Path: Thankfulness

Disclaimer: I am going to deviate from My 50 List posts today since it is the day before Thanksgiving.

It is that time of year when you look back on the past 12 months and consider what you are the most thankful for.

There are so many things in this life to be thankful for, and there are days when you are more thankful for somethings than others. Such as last summer when I was having difficulties with my asthma. There were days I was thankful for the ability to breath with ease.

Here are a few things I am thankful for this year:

  • My friends
  • My new sister-in-law (The sister I have always wanted, one I didn't have to grow up with.)
  • School (Yes, I am a little bit of a nerd, but is the friends and relationships that I have built while at school that make me the most thankful.)
  • My cousin (One of my closest and best friends.)
  • Each day because I learn more about myself and those around me
  • The wisdom passed down from my grandparents (You know, those little quirky sayings that you don't understand until you use them yourself.)
  • My health
  • My computer and the Internet (Yes, I am a little addicted, but they keep me in touch with my friends here in St. Louis and across the world.)
  • My family

I could go on and on about what I am thankful for, as I am sure you could, too. As always, though, I am the most thankful for the time tomorrow I am going to have to eat and be with family, although they are crazy.

What are you the most thankful for this year? Health? Friends? Family?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mostly for my Family. Even at times when I dont get along with them;they have supported me all these years and been there to talk to, honestly.