Monday, January 14, 2008

Today's Path: "The Bucket List" - Movie Review

After posting My 50 List last week, a friend and I decided to go and see The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. I thought that it would be interesting what Hollywood thought would be somethings that are important to do or see before you die.



The movie started with the beginning of the end of the lives of a multimillion, Edward Cole (Nicholson), and a mechanic, Carter Chamber (Freeman). It wasn't until about 40 minutes into this 1 hour and 37 minutes movie, that the bucket list is even mentioned. This leaves 57 minutes for them to develop their bucket list and then complete it. I know there is the magic of movies in which time is not a factor, but come on. It took me 2 months to get my list done.

Once the list is made and they take off to complete it, the movie picks up after a little disagreements over different things and whether or not they should be on the bucket list.

In the end, hopefully you see this coming even if you don't see the movie, they both die and complete the bucket list.

One thing that really bugged me was that Nicholson never wore glasses in the movie. In every other movie I have seen him in he has glasses on.

Once we got to our seats we looked around, and we were the youngest people there. The average age was probably about 37 (and we brought the average down) for the 7:10pm showing.

All in all, I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. It is definitely a must see if you want a tear jerker and a side splitter.

0 Comments: