Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Today's Path: It is complete!!!

Just shy of two months, I have finished compiling My 50 List.

My 50 List started out as a way to help define my future and to keep me from freaking out about it. Little did I know that I would struggle and wrestle so much with myself while finding 50 things I wanted to do before I turned 50. I have come to a better understanding of who I am through this.

I have divide my 50's into categories. Many of my 50's are things that I want to see, others are what I want to do, and others still are things I want to accomplish. Several overlap into more than one category, but I feel where they are is where they need to be.

So without further ado, I present My 50 List:

To accomplish:

  • Live on the beach
  • Get my EMT certification
  • Have a job I love doing because of the job and not the pay
  • Learn Yoga
  • Learn to meditate
  • Graduate college
  • Get my Master's Degree
  • Live some where besides Missouri (no offense to Missourians
  • Take a cruise
  • Work for an advertising agency
  • Define who I am
  • Fall in love with ME, again
  • Win an award for something
  • Take someone under my wing, like so many people have done for me
  • Compile My 50 List
  • Complete My 50 List
  • Spend at least 3 consecutive days unplugged (no phone, no Internet, no television, no radio)

To do:

  • Skydive
  • Take a hot air balloon ride
  • Go windsurfing
  • Scale part of the Grand Canyon
  • Take the Polar Bear Plunge
  • Ride an Ostrich
  • Get a tattoo
  • Learn to Cha Cha
  • Go Cliff Diving
  • Run in a 5K.
  • Go bungee Jumping
  • Drive a silver Ferrari
  • See a taping of the Oprah Show
  • See a Laker's Basketball Game (the best basketball team in my eyes)
  • Ride in a limo
  • Have my own horse
  • Attend a VIP event

To visit:

  • Visit Europe
  • Visit Asia
  • Visit Australia
  • Visit South America
  • Go to the Olympics as a Spectator
  • Go Skiing in the Rockies
  • Climb Pike’s Peak
  • Visit the Taj Mahal
  • Ride a Zip Line Through the Rain Forrest
  • See the Northern Lights
  • See the Ball drop in New York on New Year’s Eve
  • Visit the Pyramids
  • Swim with dolphins
  • SCUBA Dive
  • See the Clouds of Magellan
  • Visit Washington DC

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

too complicated,
I'm trying just not to kill myself everyday. My family needs me, just don't want to disappoint them.

Lane J said...

I know life comes at you fast. We just have to embrace it and learn how to make the negatives into positives which can be really hard. You are not alone in this craziness we call life.

If you need to talk to someone please call (314)469-6644.