Monday, March 10, 2008

Today's Path: Dreams

"Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow."
-Langston Hughes


Things have been going a lot better since my last post. Tomorrow morning I am going to Anaheim with some friends for the week, and I mentally checked-out about three days ago.

But back to dreams.

As the end of college comes closer and closer...2 months 6 days ish to be more specific...I am trying to dream a little more. Day dreaming more than anything, but still dreaming.

I dream of the house I will have one day and a successful job and completing My 50 List, of course.

The quote from Langston Hughes reminds me everyday to keep those dreams coming. After the winter we have had here is St. Louis, I do not want my life to be "frozen with snow" or a "barren field." I want the colors of spring and fall, the heat of summer, the fun days of playing outside...I dream of these things translating into my life.

Dreaming can be hard to do because of having too much on your plate, school, work, family, bills, etc. Take some time and let your mind flow from one bright idea to the next. Enjoy a lunch break daydreaming.

This week I won't have to daydream about Anaheim, but I will still be daydreaming about something.

Enjoy the week!!

-Lane J

0 Comments: