Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things You Learn In PHX

I have been in Phoenix for a little over a week now. Along the way I have learned several things. I know I will learn a lot more over the years that I will live here.

Here is a short list:

  • mailboxes? not in front of the house...you have to walk to the designated part of the subdivision to get your mail
  • cell phone reception? yeah right...I have no bars of service in the places I have been staying...is that a good thing or a bad thing
  • Do not leave a book in your black car...all the glue with lose its adhesiveness and the binding is ruined (my book is in a least three separate sections)
  • Everything is more laid back...deadlines...who needs them
  • Everything is more laid back with the exception of driving...still haven't figure out why yet...if you don't drive like a mad man beware (Please reference my post from last week)

And my favorite:

  • Flip-Flops are considered professional attire

For any of those out there who would never let me wear my fuzzy flip-flops to work...I am wearing them this Friday...They have become my signature flip-flops around here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Being that you are from St Louis, you should be very capable of driving like a mad man, eh mad woman.

BTW, nice to meet you. How'd you find my blog?

Lane J said...

Brandon,

I was one of the few that didn't drvie like a mad woman in STL. Because of the there were many angry people behind me when I drove.

I don't know exactly which blog is yours, the link back to yours wouldn't work. If you are from STL, I probably found you on stlbloggers.com

~Lane

The Ferber Family said...

Sounds like you are lovin' life out there! Sooo glad to hear it! Can't wait until I can figure a way to come for a visit :o)
Love ya!
Ad