I have been in Phoenix for a little over a week now. Along the way I have learned several things. I know I will learn a lot more over the years that I will live here.
Here is a short list:
- mailboxes? not in front of the house...you have to walk to the designated part of the subdivision to get your mail
- cell phone reception? yeah right...I have no bars of service in the places I have been staying...is that a good thing or a bad thing
- Do not leave a book in your black car...all the glue with lose its adhesiveness and the binding is ruined (my book is in a least three separate sections)
- Everything is more laid back...deadlines...who needs them
- Everything is more laid back with the exception of driving...still haven't figure out why yet...if you don't drive like a mad man beware (Please reference my post from last week)
And my favorite:
- Flip-Flops are considered professional attire
For any of those out there who would never let me wear my fuzzy flip-flops to work...I am wearing them this Friday...They have become my signature flip-flops around here.