So many things that I am doing that should have been on My 50 List...
This past weekend, I took a couple friends to the Toyota Dealership in Gilbert and bought a car. Yes, I ventured into untamed waters and bought an '09 Scion xD. A little history on my previous cars...
- I have never bought a brand new car.
- My last car was paid in full when I bought it.
- Both of my previous cars had over 100k miles on them, when I bought them.
- Both of my previous cars were '98s.
- Both were black.
- Both had sunroofs.
- Both were purchased from private dealers.
- Both were automatics.
I think the best part of buying the car was test driving. I test drove 4 cars. The xD, a Suzuki Reno, a Yaris, and an xB. I think my friends had the most fun making fun of me. Since I have only been driving a stick for 4 days now, and I was only on my 2nd day when we test drove, and I stalled on an overpass. So my friends continue to make fun of me because I manage to stall at least once each time I drive.
What was your first car buying experience like?