Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today's Path: Fresh Air

The past few weeks I have been pretty much out of it. I haven't felt like me. I was stressed and blue, and I was tired of being that way.

So I took a few days off from my job, and I did some spontaneous fun things.

Last night, I went to the Balloon Glow in Forest Park. WOW! First we went to Fitz's in the Loop and enjoyed dinner out on the patio. From there we biked to Forest Park. After making a wrong turn and riding 5-10 minutes out of the way we turned around and made it back to the park.

As the balloons inflated the wind picked up. So the balloons went down. Even though we didn't get to see a lot of balloons at the balloon glow, we saw enough to be impressed.

But the glow and the ride were not what did it for me, it was the fresh air. I have spent way too much time sitting inside working and working. The time I took just to be outside in the park and ride my bike was amazing. I feel like ME again.

Take some time and spend it outside. Go to the park and regain the you inside.

0 Comments: