Monday, September 10, 2007

Today's Path: Our Perfectionist Side

My freshman year of college my Speech Professor, Professor Haedike, gave me an assignment to go and find two people have them answer the following questions:
My strengths are_____________.
My weaknesses are____________.
I am ______________________.

At first I did not want to know the answer to these questions, but I did finally go and ask my bosses to answer them. I learned a lot from their answers. One thing did fall under strengths and weaknesses, it was perfectionism.

It is my belief that no matter who you are, you have a side of you that is a perfectionist. Some people's perfectionist side is stronger than others. There are times in which our perfectionism is quieter, and there are times when it seems to scream from the heavens.

Lately, it seems like my perfectionist side has been screaming at the top of its lungs. Every time I go to do something, I am afraid it isn't going to be right, or I am not going to be successful.

My perfectionist side makes me want to know what the future holds, but the future is only in tomorrow and will not be today.

The moment is now and in order to escape the perfectionist control freak in me, I need to live in the now. We all need to live in the now to escape the craziness inside.

0 Comments: