Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today's Path: Why Things Happen

Do you ever wonder why things happen? You know, the reason behind the event?

This past Friday, I was on my way to Missouri Baptist, for their Perk event, and I was following this car that was going 55mph down Hwy 40. For some unknown reason I didn't go around them. I followed behind them at the good ol' speed of 55. On most days I would have sped around them to get to where I was going, but this time I didn't.

About the time I was preparing to get off the highway, a deer ran out onto the highway and the lady I was following SMASH right into the deer. I pulled off to the side of the road to make sure that everything was okay.

I don't know why I slowed down to follow the lady, but for some reason I did and was able to help them after they hit the deer.

Since Friday, I have felt more like myself. I have started asking more questions and being excited about everything.

There is a reason behind everything that happens; sometimes it just takes us a while to figure it out.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I think life is random.

It's basically coincidence...

Whether good things or bad things happen...

Having a cosmic perspective (and reading the works of Arthur C. Clarke or Carl Sagan might help) is useful in these matters...

Sachi