Friday, February 8, 2008

Today's Path: Define Who I am - Part One (of Many)

On My 50 List, I have "Define Who I Am." I have been trying to work on this the past few weeks. I realized it is going to take a lot longer than I thought it ever would.

So like anything else I have broken it down into several parts. However, I only have the first part. I don't know what the future parts are.

I found out that in order to "Define Who I Am," I need to first define the words that I am going to use to describe who I am or affect me, mostly this time it is the second.

These word include, but are no where near limited to, fear, failure, success, love, passion and pride. Six words that are in some big way a part of me. Some influence me. Some help to explain why I do or don't do things.

Here are the definitions I have put to each of these in relationship to me:

Fear- Fear is a nasty four letter word until you learn how to use it. Fear is similar to nervousness. Many think of nervousness as a bad thing, but what they don’t know is how to harness the energy to make a speech or whatever they are doing better. Fear can be harnessed, too, and when it is you can do amazing things with it.

Failure- Seven letters. Success is seven letters. So which one are you so scared of? Both for some reason can be scary. Failure is not an option. The result may not be what you wished, but did you learn something? If so, it was a success. So why is it so hard to start something new? It is hard because you do not have enough control over it to make it what you want. You cannot see the end of it so you don’t want to start.

Love- Love is what makes the world go round. Love for life, family or anything else. Without love, no one would enjoy their job, and business as we know it would cease. We have the businesses we have because someone loved something and took the chance to make it.

Passion- Putting all your effort and energy into something to make it what you want it to be. Being passionate about life and the tasks you encounter during life, will help to ensure the fullest life. (could I use "life" again in the same sentence, I'm sure I could if I tried.)

Pride – Be proud of who you are and what you have done. So you haven’t found the cure for cancer, neither has anyone else. You are who you are because the self-confidence you have. Don’t let those around you get you down. Stand with your head high and kick ASS!

0 Comments: