Monday, March 31, 2008

Today's Path: Are You Meeting Life's Challenge?

"Life Is A Challenge - Meet It! Life Is A Song - Sing It! Life Is A Dream - Realize It! Life Is A Game - Play It! Life Is Love - Enjoy It!"

~ Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams.' Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still there. These are great dreams, but they never even get out of the box. It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, 'How good or how bad am I?' That's where courage comes in."

"A dream can be nurtured over years and years and then flourish rapidly. . . . Be patient. It will happen for you. Sooner or later, life will get weary of beating on you and holding the door shut on you, and then it will let you in and throw you a real party!"
~ Les(ter Louis) Brown

Contrary to what it may seem the past few posts, I am not trying to become the quote queen. I am sure there is someone else who has far surpassed me on the quote quota. But to the real post...

It always seems to amaze me how many people will say they want to do or be one thing, but as you watch them you don't see them achieve it. It's not their intentions were that it wasn't what they truly wanted. They didn't take the dream or goal by the horns and dig in.

Life and dreams are meant to be successful. But like anything else you get out of it what you put into it. If you are always on the sidelines watching others do things you want to do, you won't have the feeling of I accomplished something today or this week or this year.

Maybe it's the fact that I enjoy knowing that I did something I wanted to do. Maybe it's that I had fun doing it or I learned something from it?

It takes more than just saying "I have a dream." The great Martin Luther King, Jr. took his dream held it up for the world to see. He made the world hold him accountable to his dream.

Who's holding you accountable? Is it your children? Even when you think they are in bed asleep, they listen to you. There were nights I acted as if I were asleep just to hear what was going on.

Is it your friends? People listen at the strangest times. When I was interning with KMOX, I had said something once in passing about wanting to ride and ostrich. The one statement spurred conversations for two weeks about what people wanted to do.

Is it you? Do you look back and see what you wanted to do and see if you are any closer to doing it than when you said it?

Hold your hand to the fire. Bite the bullet and do it. Honestly, what is there to loose? At the end of the day, it you still have your name then you have come out ahead.

Good luck in all your goals and dreams!! Accomplish them because you never know who is holding you accountable!

Peace and happiness,
~Lane J~

0 Comments: