Monday, May 26, 2008

Day One of Freedom

This morning around 10:00am, I dropped my dad off at the airport, gave him some hugs and said goodbye. Not goodbye for good, but goodbye.

Don't get me wrong I love my family, but I am now free. I no longer have a midnight curfew, nor do I have to tell them where I am at every waking moment. And I don't have to make sure I have on SPF 30 Sunscreen (thanks for sending it mom, but 15 will do).

All the little things that don't really matter when you are 10-15 even 16-18 years old, I don't have to do anymore. You know the things that when you come home from college you just want to be done with, but mom and dad don't want to cut the cord yet.

I spent the evening at a friend's family Bar-B-Q. It was pretty good. I am not really sure what I am going to do tomorrow. I think I am going to go exploring the area before I start my 8-5 job on Wednesday. I guess we will have to wait and see.

From PHX,
~Rock Star Lane

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

You stopped by my blog and commented, I wanted to stop by and check yours out as well. Congrats on the freedom im 23 and my mother still babies me. I have a feeling it is something I will always have to deal with, but sometimes its okay, and I know that I will always be grateful that she takes those extra steps even if at the moment they annoy me.

Thanks for stopping by and I love your blog.

Rachel