Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Should be nervous, scared and that the entire thing should be hard

In less than 48 hours I will be on the road to Phoenix. I will close one chapter of my life to start another.

People keep telling me how I should be feeling. They say I should be nervous, scared and that the entire thing should be hard.

I guess I should fill in any newbies here. I am moving to Phoenix for a job, since I have recently graduated from college.

Why should this be hard? So what I am moving across the county. I have lived in the same city for 21 years, and, well frankly, I am ready for a change. Yes, I am going to a place where I have no blood relatives. But I have some great friends there.

Why should I be nervous? When I was younger I was terrified of change. I did not handle it well. I would always end up in tears. But I have learned to embrace change and that change is a good thing.

Why should I be scared? I made a decision to move, and I am ready to take it on. Growing up children are always told they can do what ever they put their minds to. Why now do people doubt that? Is it because parents just want children to feel good about themselves, even though the parents themselves don't believe it?

Well, I know that anyone can do anything they put their minds to and can be successful. I have set my mind on success in my new job, and I know that I will be successful. I am not nervous, scared and it is not as hard as everyone is trying to make it.

I am excited about the change, as I should be. Look out PHX, Lane is on her way, and she is going to rock!!!

2 Comments:

The Ferber Family said...

amen sister! when i moved to connecticut, i was a little nervous, but mostly just excited! people seemed shocked then too. i've never, ever been sorry i did it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lane,
Have a safe drive to Phoenix. We can't wait for you to get here and start your new job at UAT. You are going to love it!!! This is a great place and I am sure you will have some exciting trips in your new position.
I am going to be your mentor at UAT. I am one of the Student Services Coordinators and have been here a little over a year. I moved to Phoenix less than two years ago from the Seattle area with my husband and we love it. Yes, it gets hot in the summer but that is when you head to the pool and/or air conditioned buildings.
This is the start of a new adventure for you! Enjoy it and see you when you arrive.
By the way, if you need a roommate there are several single girls, aged 22-28 looking for roommates who also work at UAT.

Sandy Calhoun