Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two days down...I must be a pro

The first two days of my new job have been just that, my first two days. It has been the usual paper work and training. I am still learning a lot about the University itself and the dynamics of those I am working with.

I have spent time with each of the other liaisons and have learned a great deal from each of them. They each have their own take on what it is like, and they have their own pros and cons about the job.

The biggest challenge is being new to the area. It is only my second day, and I have already been late to work.

This morning there was a a really bad accident on I-10 that backed-up traffic on every road going North and West. Unfortunately for me the only two ways I know how to get to UAT are the I-10 and 48th Street. The accident was at the intersection of these two. I was suppose to be at work at 8am this morning. I left around 7:15am ish and got there at 9am. Yes, that is 1 hr and 45mins ish.

So Addie, in answer to your question, the first and second days have went well. I am very excited to have found such a great place to work.

1 Comment:

The Ferber Family said...

Rock on, Laney-Lou! And traffic happens. I'm sure they understand. Not much you can do about a wreck that ties up both of your routes in to work. Glad you're getting settled in and enjoying it :o)
Love ya!
Ad