Sunday, July 13, 2008

St. Louis and Phoenix Similarities

There is not much, heck there is only one thing I can find that makes Phoenix similar to St. Louis. The crazy thing is it's the weather. It's not the crazy weather of 80 degrees then 30 degrees and snowing like St. Louis. Or the 3 months with no sun. The similarity come with the change in the temperature.

Currently, Arizona is in the middle of monsoon season. This means it could rain everyday, or it could not rain at all. On the days it does rain, the temperature is amazing. When I was outside around one this afternoon, it was probably about 105 degrees. About 2 or 3 hours later a storm rolled in and it was about 75 degrees. It was, as Bruce Almighty would say, B-E-A-utiful. I sat outside at my friend's house and watch the lightning.

When I made it back to my place, it was still raining and gorgeous out. So, as I write this blog post, I am sitting on my balcony in jeans taking in the sounds of the storm. It is relaxing and peaceful with the occasional car passing by.

Storms are great to just sit and be still as you take in all the elements from the soft sound of rain drops in puddles to the brilliance of the light show of lightning. What else could one ask for on a lazy Sunday in July?

1 Comment:

Ronda's Rants said...

I am from Florida and Florida has amazing thunder and lightening storms! I love watching a storm (from inside) and as intense as it is, it is over just as quickly and we are back to bold, beautiful and hot Florida weather! Enjoy you time.