Friday, July 18, 2008

Today's Path: Breaking Limitations by Thinking Positive

It has been a hard week out here for me. For some reason, my mind has been playing the "what-if" game with me. But guess what mind...What if I succeed? Take that!

Okay now that I have that out of the way let's continue...

Living on my own in a new city on the other side of the country has given me the chance to explore the internet world even more. I have time in the evenings and in the mornings, after I run (3.3 miles today), to just surf. My favorite thing is to find a good blog and then surf their blogroll for the time.

Yesterday, I woke up late so I had more time to surf than usual because I didn't have the time to run before work. So I went to a good friend's website and linked to Phil Gerbyshak's site. WOW! (and not the game) It was what I needed. Phil's blog for the day included two quotes which helped put this week in perspective:

“Once you choose hope, anything's possible.” — Christopher Reeve

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours!" - Richard Bach
Arguing for my limitations is exactly what I had been doing. I was in the mind-set that I couldn't do what was expected. But after a little thought, I realized there are so many things I thought I couldn't do and I did them. One example is with running. 6 weeks ago if someone would have told me I would be contemplate running a 5K tomorrow successfully, I would have been the first person to be rolling on the ground laughing.

Now, I am contemplating it. A 5k? I have run 3 in the past 7 days. The main reason was because I didn't say I couldn't do it. I woke up 5 days a week and ran. At first it wasn't even a mile. Then gradually it got longer and longer. Now look at me!

What walls are you building which you really want to not be there? Are you adding to your limitations? If you are stop! Make a commitment to yourself to say you can do it!

Think Positive and see what happens, I dare you!

Rock On,
~Lane J

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! And-thanks for coming to my race on Saturday!!

~Rachel