Friday, August 15, 2008

Today's Path: The Only Mosquitoes

I have now been in Arizona for close to three months. These past three months have been awesome. Sunshine, pool time with friends, sunshine, new faces, less humidity, and did I mention sunshine?

But when I left St. Louis in May, I was told I was leaving the bugs and mosquitoes. In the past few weeks I have come to find out that I have probably brought a few with me. I have had about 5 or 6 mosquito bites over the past 2 weeks. Where did they come from? Don't they like to live by water? There isn't much here in the desert.

Therefore, I have concluded the mosquitoes enjoy St. Louis blood. Hopefully by next summer I will not have as much STL blood in me so the mosquitoes will leave. But on the bright side, if I was in STL I probably would have had closer to 20 bites in the past 2 weeks. So I will settle for 5 or 6.

Keep enjoying the summer. Rock on!

Lane J

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the skeeter bites ... how I hate them! You are lucky you only have 5 or 6 - I think I got like 25 of them just sitting outside on the deck the other night!