Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today's Path: "Run a 5K" - Check

After starting running in Mid-June, I completed my first 5k Race today! Yes that is right I got up at 5am today to run 3.1 miles with 180 other people. Today was the Remember 9/11 race.

My only goal today was to run the entire race. NO walking! And not only did I run the entire race, I ran it in 30:50. For those of you trying to do the math, that is a 9:56 mile. I finished 88 over all. Right in the middle of the pack.

However, the best part was finishing 3rd out seven in my division. No not the slow people division. The 18-24 female division. The next closest person was three minutes behind me. Finishing 3rd means I got a medal.


I think the best part of the day was having my friends run with me. Rachel finished first in her division and first female over all. Meredith finished 2nd in her division. Mike finished 3rd in his division, and Dennis finished 4th in his division. 4 out of 5 of us got medals. Not a bad outing for the day.

The sad part of today, we all forgot our cameras. So this is the first of My 50 List that doesn't have a picture from the event. But here are some clips from the Results Site and my number and medal.



Next race is TBD, but the PF Changs Half Marathon is looking good!

Rock on,
Lane J

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO girl!

SOOOO proud of YOU. you make it look so easy...didn't even look like it was that difficult for you to train and kick some ass!! BIG hugs:)